Friday, June 21, 2013

Chapter Overview for Go Math

Hello!  This summer I am really trying to organize my student's data so that I can speak seamlessly at parent teacher conferences about their growth.

For math I created these documents that will help me keep track of every day that I teach the skill and how they did.  My plan is to make a place on the board that let's them see what they should be filling in that day based on their exit slips.  Since their exit slips are usually just 3-4 small questions, I can grade them on the spot.  These pages align with Go Math!  The Houghton Mifflin Math program we are using at my school.

I hope that this will help parents see what their children are doing well in and what they need help with.  At our school we don't have standards based report cards, so our parents usually see just a letter and some comments form the teacher without knowing how their children received that grade.

On a side note, if you have any other ways you keep track of data I would love to hear about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment