Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Book Clubs **UPDATED***

Hey all!

Hooray testing is finally over!  I am finally getting a chance now to think about what I "wish" I did this year around routines for myself and the kids.  I love to use this time to test out new ideas I have for the following year.

I was talking to the most amazing co-teacher in the world about what are some things we took the time to do for ourselves and we both agreed that we wanted to do book clubs this year for ourselves.  Here are the books we have planned to read / re-read

June:  Falling in love with Close Reading*
July:  The Together Teacher ( help us start the year off organized with our time)
August:  The Mindful Child
September: Teach Like a Pirate
October:  End of Molasses Classes ( a great quick read to demotivate us in that usual October slump where you start to realize you are no where near summer!)
November:  Leverage Leadership*
December:
January
February:
March:
April:
May:
June:

*New additions based on what I have seen online!*

As you can see we are missing a book for a few months.  If you have any suggestions let us know!  What have you read that really excited you and changed the way you taught/ran something in your room?


Best,



No comments:

Post a Comment