Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Preparing for Next Year

So I have decided to share with you all my summer reading plans as well as my goals to prepare me for next year.  I will be teaching 5th grade again, but inclusion to the same students I had in 2nd and 3rd grade (the gang's all back!).

Over the summer I plan to reflect on not only best reading and math practices, but how to push myself to be the best leader.  I have been at my school for 6 years and we have a decent turn around, making me one of the most veteran teachers in the school.  As someone who has been there, I try every day to be a great leader, but sometimes I get caught up in the moment.  Below are the books I plan to read to help me reach that goal:

1- Leverage Leadership
2- How Children Succeed
3- Word Nerds
4-Common Core Mathematics in a PLC that works
5- The CAFE


I have not decided on a theme this year, but I plan to keep it short, sweet, and to the point.  I plan to use my summer creating data binders like this one I found here.

As soon as I can I will show you my math binder that I have started to work on in preperation for next year.  Last year we started Go Math! which was a great math program, but did not help us bridge the gap for our students, most of whom were not ready for the rigor it expected in each lesson.

Well, I am sure I will be back with more great stuff later today!

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment