Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Top 5 in 5th Grade

Hey everyone and welcome to my blog!  I wanted to start a showcase of the work my wonderful children do in 5th grade, here in Washington D.C.  I will start by sharing a little bit about me and why I came to teach in D.C. as well as my goals for next year!

I am a 5th grade teacher in Washington D.C. who came down here about 5 years ago from New Jersey.  My boyfriend (now fiancee) went to CUA Law School and I needed a job. I went to a career fair and my school strongly recruited me.  I had no idea at the time what a Charter School was and was very interested in finding out more.  I was hired in April (before any of my friends) and move down to D.C. in June.  I have been at the same school for the last 5 years, and have taught 2nd, 3rd, and 5th grade Math.  Next year I will be teaching the 5th grade inclusion classroom with my children that I had when I taught them in 2nd and 3rd grade- so it is going to be so much fun to reunite with them!

My Top 5 in 5th Grade

Top 5 Teacher Bloggers
1- Charity Preston:  The Organized Classroom
2- Angela Watson: The Cornerstone for Teachers
3- Pinterest:  My Boards
4- The Sisters:  The Daily 5
5- Laura Candler:  Teaching Resources

Top 5 Teaching Books:
1-  The End of Molassess Classes, Ron Clark
2- How Children Succeed, Paul Tough
3- Leverage Leadership, Paul Bambrick-Santoyo and Doug Lemov
4- Teach Like a Champion Field Guide, Doug Lemov

Top 5 Personal Books
1- Twilight, Stephanie Meyer
2-The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins
3- The Stephanie Plum Series, Janet Evanovich
4-Something Borrowed, Emily Giffin
5-Pretty Little Liars Series, Sara Shepard


Top 5 Stores
1-The Loft
2-C Wonder
3- JCrew
4-Toms
5-Express

Top 5 Vacations
1- Disney World ( I actually got engaged there!)
2- Cruise to the Bahamas
3- Miami
4-Las Vegas
5- Punta Canta


There is just a little bit about who I am.  Next year I plan to post everything my children are working on to share with teachers.  Because of bloggers like the ones I mentioned above I have become a better teacher and want to be able to bring even more to the world of teacher bloggers.  I hope that you enjoy my blog and can share with everyone you know!

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment