Friday, August 9, 2013

What I did this Summer and Plans for Next Year

Hey everyone!

I really wish I could have posted more this summer but I actually got MARRIED in July!  It was such an amazing day.  They threatened rain, but it turned out to be beautiful and sunny all day long!  My friends and family are still talking about the wonderful day we had!  I wish that weddings could happen every year! (maybe not the money part though hahaha).



Such a great party!

Now on to my plans for this school year.  I am going to be teaching 5th grade this year, but not just math- I will be teaching all subjects.  Our 5th grade group this year has a lot of students with special needs, and they struggle with transitions, so to make it easier we are going to keep them in the same room all day.  I am excited for this because I actually taught them in 2nd grade and 3rd grade.  I can not wait to see them on the first day of school and pick up right where we left off.

This year I have decided to have a "minion" theme classroom.  I was SO excited for this theme because I thought since the 2nd movie came out there would be SO many different resources I could just buy (I am the kind of person that thinks spending money to have it done is better than spending HOURS trying to make a LARGE Minion lol).  I was wrong.  There are so many cute make your own ideas so it looks like I will be making millions of minions at home every night (good luck to my husband lol).

In order to be ready for this year, I wanted to share a power point I will show my students.  At the start of the year we love to show them all about our college experience because it shows them a different, fun side of college.



Also, I wanted to share my letter that I send home to parents on the first day of school.  The letter is lengthy and I wish it didn't have to be, but it sets the tone for me to show my parents ALL about my classroom.  I try to lay everything out there so that it becomes a reference sheet- parents can look at it all year long if they have a question about my class.



As I create more minion things I will be sure to show you everything I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment