Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Stitch Fix #1

Hey all!


SO I have been obsessed with my fellow bloggers who use stitch Fix- like Maria at Kinder-Craze.  So I finally decided to check it out for myself.  I was really just interested in seeing other clothes besides the same stores I shop at and my first fix didn't disappoint.  If you are interested check out the site here.


What is Stitch Fix?

Stitch Fix is an online service that picks different fashion items based on a style profile you complete.  IT is pretty extensive too.  It asks you for the normal things like your top size, bottoms size, how tall or short you are in relation to pants or arm length.  Then they ask you to look at a series of pictures with different styles of clothing and decide whether you would love that look or not.  Last they have you decide how you prefer your clothes to fit.  Do you want them to be fitted or loose.  If you have anything important about the fix you would like them to know (you have an important meeting, an anniversary, just want more relaxing clothes).

When your pick is ready to be shipped they will charge you $20.  However that $20 is used as a credit towards what ever you would like from the fix.  And if you choose to keep the whole fix than you will receive a 20% discount.

Here is the box that it comes in.  I love that it has the name all over- makes it feel different and special. :)


Here is my letter from Paige!  Notice in her letter to me she makes sure to explain why she chose the different pieces.  She tried really hard to make sure that it matched with what I wanted (pieces for going out on dates).  
Here is the beautiful inside of the box.  I really do love the way they present the clothes so it does not feel like you just mail ordered the clothes.  I hate when they show up in plastic bags- feels very warehouse like.  I also like that the inside also explains how you choose the clothes.  I didn't take a picture of this but they give you a self addressed return bag so that you can just put the clothes in the bag and stick it in the mail.  I LOVE this feature because it really does give you ease to return the clothes.  I knew you had 3 days to return the clothes and I was very concerned with how you do that.  I didn't want to have to run around to the post office and mail it back myself every time I had a fix.  They really do think of everything!

Now onto the clothes!  This is the first thing I tried on.  I looked at the card first and then tried on the clothes.  The card made this shirt look almost maroon.  I thought I would hate it but when I saw it in the pile I was in love!  Then i tried it on and it was a little too boxy and big.  While I thought I could get away with it I knew deep down that every time I put it on I would feel fat and take it off.  I wanted to be sure I only kept the things I knew would fit me well.

(PS don't mind the bathroom- I don't have a full length mirror next.  Don't worry I will get one for the next fix)

With the shirts I had I tried on the pants they had.  These pants were super comfortable, but I am not really a fan of black jeans.  So I had to return these too.

Next the blue dress.  This dress really looked super cute and comfortable when I held it up.  I was very excited to try it on.  Unfortunately it wasn't as comfortable as I hoped.  In the center where the top and bottom were attached, it was very tight and wasn't a really soft binding, so it rubbed on my stomach.  Not really ideal.  Back it went.
Last I tried on the henley knit shirt.  Before I tried it on I was afraid this one would also not fit well, but it really did fit nicely.  It is also a super comfortable fabric that will be great in the classroom and great out at night with the husband.  This was definitely a keeper!



I really loved the earrings too.  I didn't take a picture of them on but they were super cute and I love earrings so I kept these too :)


Here is the final receipt of everything.  Notice that they not only gave me the $20 styling fee towards the final bill, but they also show you how much everything would have cost if you purchased it all.  Even though I didn't purchase it all I still was able to use the $20 styling fee towards the clothes.

Now that I have had my first fix I am hooked!  I can not wait for the second one to come right before school.  I made sure to let my stylist know that I wanted clothes that would be appropriate for back to school.  I like to dress up for school so I am hoping that I get some more professional looking pieces.


Can't wait for my next fix!




No comments:

Post a Comment